Kent Child Custody And Relocation Lawyer

When Moving Away Causes Problems

As the custodial parent, you have a right to live and work where you choose. The noncustodial parent has rights, too, including the right to visit your child. If you choose to move within your child's current school district, it probably won't spark any disagreements. If you decide to move to Spokane, your ex may want to modify your parenting agreement. As a family law attorney, I have represented parents on both sides of the issue. I'm Lori Saxion, and I can help you with child custody and relocation in Kent, Washington, and surrounding areas.

Guarding Your Parental Rights

If you have a parenting plan, you are required by law to give a 60-day notice when you want to relocate with your children. If you don't, you could be found in contempt of court and fined or jailed. When you give notice, the noncustodial parent has 30 days to file an objection. Most parents want to be involved in their children's lives. When one moves away, it can open the wounds of divorce again.

Experienced Legal Help

Relocation doesn't have to be a major issue. Each parent can retain his or her rights to spend time with the children. As an experienced child custody and relocation lawyer in Kent, I have helped hundreds of families negotiate new parenting or custody agreements.

Call For A Consultation

If you have questions about child custody and relocation, please contact The Law Offices of Lori M. Saxion.

Qualified, Aggressive and Reliable Representation

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


The Law Offices of Lori M. Saxion, PLLC
224 West Meeker Street
Kent, WA 98032

Map & Directions