Kent Post-Divorce Modification Lawyer

Child Support Changes

As children grow, their needs change, and sometimes the expenses increase. If you're having trouble paying your teenagers' orthodontia bill, it may be time to ask for an increase in child support. On the other hand, if you are the noncustodial parent and have recently lost your job or taken a cut in pay, you may need to lower your payments. Unfortunately, this is something you cannot work out together; it has to be approved by the court. As a family law attorney for more than 30 years, I am accustomed to going to court to modify child support.

Child Support Enforcement

Divorce is not something your child asked for; you did. Whether or not you are married to the child's other parent, you owe it to your son or daughter to provide for them until they reach the age of majority. When you don't, the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Division of Child Support can attach your wages, your unemployment compensation, workers' comp, file liens against your property, take your car and sell it at a public auction, suspend your drivers, professional and recreational licenses, attach your federal tax refunds and deny renewal of your U.S. passport. If you are Native American, your case will be referred to tribal authorities. If you are unable to make your child support payments, I can help you request a modification. If you need help getting payments from your ex, I can be your lawyer.

Modification Of Parenting Plans

Parenting plans sometimes need modifying, too. Perhaps you've been offered a position in another state and it's too far away for the other parent to pick the kids up for a weekend stay. As the custodial parent, you have an obligation to notify your ex about your intended move. Or maybe you simply want more time with your family. Like child support, this issue has to be heard in court.

Set Up A Consultation

If you need assistance with child support or parenting plan issues, contact me, Lori Saxion. I'm a Kent post-divorce modification attorney, and I can help.

Qualified, Aggressive and Reliable Representation

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


The Law Offices of Lori M. Saxion, PLLC
224 West Meeker Street
Kent, WA 98032

Map & Directions